Talk

Advanced search

how much milk for a 14mo

(11 Posts)
TracyK Thu 12-May-05 14:28:42

ds gets 6oz cows milk on waking and 9 oz of formula before bed. Is this enough?
He has a babybel and grated cheese through his food during the day and some greek yoghurt for puddings.

TracyK Thu 12-May-05 14:58:00

bump

oooggs Thu 12-May-05 15:01:19

that is more than my DS was getting at 14mths.

milk on cereal, yoghurt & cheese during day & 10oz at bedtime

pabla Thu 12-May-05 15:07:51

My 14 mth old ds has 6oz at each nap (two) and going to bed. If he wakes up at night I give him more (not ideal I know but it means he goes back to sleep straightaway. He has juice or milk on waking, depending on whether he has had any during the night. I think he probably has too much milk and he is not a great eater but it does mean he settles down easily for his naps and at night so I don't want to change it for now. I think your ds is probably getting enough. TBH, I can't remember what the recommended amount is.

flum Thu 12-May-05 15:08:50

mine has about 3 beakers in a day of SMA red lid. she's 15 mths. seems enough for her.

flum Thu 12-May-05 15:09:23

pabla i do that too, its just toooooooo effective

TracyK Thu 12-May-05 15:10:14

He was getting more on waking - but i cut it down so he'd eat more cereal and fruit before nursery. then I had second thoughts and thought maybe he may not be getting enough.

vicdubya Thu 12-May-05 20:58:57

TracyK I think that sounds plenty - it says in my birth to five book half a pint from 12 months - that's 10oz isn;t it. (including cereal, cooking etc?)

My ds is also 14 months and currently having less than that [worried] I have just dropped all but 1 BF but he doesn;t want to drink milk from a cup (he used to when he was younger but hasn;t had it for a while).

He does eat cereal with milk, & cheese, but often refuses yoghurt and so I am really quite worried.

Am going to have to phone my old cow of a HV tomorrow. Aaagh.

Seona1973 Thu 12-May-05 21:00:28

from 1 year the minimum is 350mls (about 12 ounces). Yoghurt, cheese and milk on cereal will also count towards this intake so your lo sounds like he gets plenty.

vicdubya Thu 12-May-05 21:01:25

Flum & Pabla ds had his first daytime nap today at home in his cot without milk beforehand!!!!

Hoorah!

He screamed for 2 mins but settled down after I went back in once.

flum Fri 13-May-05 13:19:21

well done you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: