Talk

Advanced search

Replacing the 10.30 feed with EBM - should I express at that time?

(3 Posts)
cfc Thu 18-Jun-09 09:45:08

Hello,

I would like to introduce a bottle of EBM to baby who will be 6 weeks on Friday so that I can go out once in a while (we're planning an NCT reunion night out with the mums soon) and also so he'll take a bottle later on. It won't be a regular thing, but I think it's time he had the experience of a bottle.

Anyway, if DH fed baby his bottle at 10.30pm and I was asleep from the end of the last feed at about 7pm until that time should I wake up to express off that feed and go back to sleep? This will take so much less time than feeding baby and will give DH a chance to get more involved as he's been asking to. I could then just let DH settle and put baby down and I simply return to sleep to be fresh for the night feeds, currently at 2am and 5am - ish.

What do you think?

aquavit Thu 18-Jun-09 12:05:33

I'm in no way expert but hope this is some encouragement: we have been giving our 6 week old daughter a bottle of EBM at around 10.30 for a week or so now and it has been brilliant. She cluster feeds in the evening which I find exhausting, and this gives me (and my nipples...) a break. She took to the bottle perfectly happily and my husband likes doing it too. Happy days!

FWIW, I express in the mornings because I just don't have the supply in the evenings and am painfully full in the a.m., expect this breaks all kinds of rules but it works for us.

cfc Thu 18-Jun-09 16:21:45

Thank you for your reply, here's hoping it works as well for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now