Talk

Advanced search

DD not interested in cows milk

(4 Posts)
poshsinglemum Wed 17-Jun-09 16:14:49

I really want to wean her off the breast gradually so I've tried giving her full fat milk in a sippy cup (she's a year old) but she's not that keen.

TOK Wed 17-Jun-09 18:30:47

Not sure if it works with breast milk, but with formula, some people introduce cows milk by making up bottles/cup with part formula part cows milk together and gradually increase the amount of cows milk to get dc used to the taste. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with breast milk but there may be someone with more experience of this who can tell you for sure. Have you tried heating it up before you give it to her?

Rhian82 Wed 17-Jun-09 20:41:19

Ooh I'm interested in this as well - DS is eight months and I really struggle to express enough for the days I'm in work, so I want to switch to cow's milk for the day feeds as soon as he turns one!

doulalc Thu 18-Jun-09 14:35:24

You can do a gradual mix when introducing cow's milk. Be sure she is eating a decent diet however before switching. If she isn't taking in much in the way of solids just yet, might be better to switch to formula for awhile to be sure she is getting the level of nutrients she still needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now