Talk

Advanced search

Have decided to feed ds2 till ....... umm when he stops

(6 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Mon 15-Jun-09 21:55:30

we were having fertility treatment for dc3 but have had to stop as not worked and still bfeeding. This was a dilemma but thanks to advice on another thread i bought the Mothering, nursing your toddler book. It is fab, and giving me the chance to not feel freaky for wanting to keep feeding ds2. He is nearing 18 months old and I had to stop feeding ds1 at 12 months. THis is all new for me. What are other mums experiences or tips on 'extended' feeding. DP is being fantastic and he is very pro bfeeding.

SOLOisMeredithGrey Tue 16-Jun-09 01:15:14

I am still feeding my 2.6yo and although I had intended to stop at 18 months, she is having none of it. I don't mind, but I'm sure some people raise an eyebrow ~ which, incidentally I used to do too! hey ho.

weegiemum Tue 16-Jun-09 02:23:35

I fed dd2 till 2 yrs. One morning, she got into bed as usual and said (she was precocious!) "Mama mok awgon" and then "getta cup". So we got her a cup of milk.

A week later she said "mo mama mok" and I just said "all gone now" - she never asked again.

It was fab weaning her from the breast when she was ready for it. It was her decision (in a week, at that stage, with only morning and evening feeds, my milk seemed gone within the week).

I'd stopped feeding dd1 at 12 months as ttc and was told I should by hv (don't think she was right but I didn't know much back then). Had unhappily stopped feeding ds at 16 months as all of a sudden there was no milk at all (he was holding my nipple between his teeth and headbuttting me! Owwwch!) - turned out I was unexpectedly pg with dd2.

saintmaybe Tue 16-Jun-09 08:44:06

somewhere between 3 and 4 for all my 3. Though for quite a long time at the end it was just bedtime, or if they'd hurt themselves. No regrets, all lovely. My dh was v supportive too, and tbh I never knowingly came across any opposition.
Extended bfing can be a bit hidden, because lots of people are doing it just 'a bit' like we did, but you're not alone.

MrsMotMot Tue 16-Jun-09 09:34:50

I'm not sure if you've seen it, Awen, but there is an 'extended bf' support thread on this board. you're definately not the only one out there (although it may feel that way at times!)

MrsMotMot Tue 16-Jun-09 09:35:34

oops you're onto it, soz

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now