Talk

Advanced search

10m old spins around, looks around, comes on and off but won't feed...

(3 Posts)
bohemianbint Mon 15-Jun-09 18:58:15

...to the point where I get drained, worn out and give up. But then he is waking up every 45 minutes and wanting to latch on which I now refuse to do(for my own sanity.)

I worry he's hungry, but I don't know what to do to make him feed. Have tried doing it in the dark, in isolation, you name it, he won't do it.

He's a bit like it in the day but it's really bad when I want to feed him at bed time and not have to do it again for 3 and a half hours. I'm starting to resent the night feeds and having to do them at all, to be brutally honest, after demand feeding for 10 months.

What can I do?

doulalc Mon 15-Jun-09 19:25:48

A few things to try, if you haven't already, that might help:

*try wearing a nursing necklace that is colourful and chunky that he can mess with while at the breast...can be a good idea to have a few of them and rotate now and then if he gets bored. Might even have one with a few bells on it or built in rattle as well.

*have a special cuddly toy that he can hold onto while nursing

*put him down as soon as he starts to become distracted and won't feed well....wait a short bit before trying again, and repeat as necessary

*offer the breast before any other foods

bohemianbint Tue 16-Jun-09 08:36:34

Thank you - I do have a nursing necklace actually but not seen it for a while! Will give it a go. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now