Talk

Advanced search

Winding and co sleeping

(8 Posts)
jemum Mon 15-Jun-09 10:29:56

Hi,

This might be a silly question. I have a 3 week old.

At night we feed lying down. For those of you who do the same - do you have to wind them after each feed?

Is there any way of winding them where you don't have to get up (also probably a stupid question!) Sometimes after feeding I'm quite tired and it would be so lovely just to sleep!

tiktok Mon 15-Jun-09 10:32:38

Winding is a cultural 'thing' - for most babies, it is optional

Skip winding, and see what happens!

(probably nothing)

Mybox Mon 15-Jun-09 10:35:59

Never winded when co-sleeping - it was never a problem.

SJisontheway Mon 15-Jun-09 10:52:05

Think it depends on the baby. DD2 went off to sleep after each feed without winding. DD1 on the other hand was very windy and had to be winded several times during each feed or it would all come back up. I gave up feeding her lying down and just sat up in bed instead. Hope you don't have a windy one!

dorisbonkers Mon 15-Jun-09 11:01:35

I never winded. She never seemed to need it and rubbing her back or straightening her out or whatever never brought wind up. Sometimes when she stands she burps but it's always been of her own accord.

A lactation consultant I had in Singapore said you didn't need to necessarily wind, so I never did and she seems fine.

jemum Mon 15-Jun-09 11:11:17

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it and see what happens.

loobylu3 Mon 15-Jun-09 11:13:01

I think it depends on the baby. I know several parents who fed lying down and baby would settle back to sleep without needing winding but none of mine have been like that. They would squirm and wriggle and cry and vomit!!

funwithfondue Mon 15-Jun-09 11:14:59

I never winded my 16 wk old so far, and we're always falling asleep together on the bed after a feed. In fact, I'm feeding her to sleep most evenings - and if I had to wind her, that'd wake her up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now