Talk

Advanced search

Mam bottles driving me mad with leaking. Am I alone.....

(6 Posts)
YesSirICanBoogie Sat 13-Jun-09 16:57:21

...or just an idiot? I used Avent bottles for years with DD1 and they were fine. With DD2 I bought Mam bottles because they're free from BPA but they leak all over the placre. I took 3 bottles filled with boiled water out today since I had to make a long trip and they leaked all over the nappy bag. I'm really annoyed. Am I doing something wrong, losing my mind or are they just crap?

foxytocin Sat 13-Jun-09 17:00:40

i ran my finger firmly around the rim of the white seal on the bottom before screwing the 2 parts together as that is where i had leaks.

nannynz Sat 13-Jun-09 20:28:40

Yup, I've done the same as foxy, and made sure the seal was properly in so it didn't leak. Now I just use the mam silk - they don't have all the parts.

thisisyesterday Sat 13-Jun-09 20:30:40

i have used them and not had a problem with leaks. but did the same as the other posters and ran my finger round the white thing to make sure it was firmly in place, and then screw the body on nice and tight

YesSirICanBoogie Sun 14-Jun-09 11:42:35

Well I finally solved the problem and I clearly I am an idiot...I'd put Avent teats on the bottles which caused a bad seal and they leaked through the neck.
Sleep deprivation being blamed!

NervousTeacherNamechanged Sun 14-Jun-09 22:56:16

Avent are now selling BPA-free bottles (saw them on the Mothercare Website).

MAM bottles were great though. My DS was prem and was having trouble taking EBM from any bottle, and eventually I did same as you and tried Avent teats on a MAM bottle, and also found it leaked - shame because he was getting on well with them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now