Talk

Advanced search

Expressing b/milk

(7 Posts)
evansmummy Wed 11-May-05 11:05:05

I've been expressing every evening now for about a month to give to ds as a top-up the next day. I have been getting around 4oz, which is perfect for his top-up, but the last week or so I can only manage to get 2 oz in a half hour. Any ideas on why the amount has gone down so dramatically, and how can I get it back up to what I need?

Laylasmum Wed 11-May-05 11:06:28

is he still feeding as regularly? try increasing the amount of breast feeds you give which will increase supply.

evansmummy Wed 11-May-05 11:11:10

He feeds 5 times in 24 hours, betwen 7am and 10.30pm. He won't feed anymore regularly than that, that's why we cut down to five feeds. I just wondered if there was something I could eat/drink/do myself, to get supply back up.

Laylasmum Wed 11-May-05 11:25:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mears Wed 11-May-05 11:49:04

This is a normal fluctuation. Remember to switch from side to side as the milk slows when you are expressing. It wastes time to say pump 15 mins each side. You might get more by hand. The more you worry about it, the less you will get.

bundle Wed 11-May-05 11:49:38

i used to look at photos of dd's to increase my uptake

morningpaper Wed 11-May-05 12:18:38

Have you tried expressing first thing in the morning, before he gets to you? Otherwise, is there a time of day when you feel fuller than at other times? You could try and express then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now