Talk

Advanced search

how much to leave?

(5 Posts)
brewsterbear Fri 12-Jun-09 17:43:17

Hiya,

My dd (12 weeks) is ebf and next Wednesday I'm off to see take that-
How much ebm do you think I should leave for her (leaving about 6 back around 12-1)
normally she only has about 2 feeds during this time- so do I leave 2 bottles of .(insert ounces)...!
Thanks in advance

undomesticatedgoddess Fri 12-Jun-09 18:15:15

Hi BB

First of all I'm v jealousenvy envy that you're going to see take that! But one of my friends went last week and they completely underestimated what time they would get home. Apparently there were 20 000 people in the park and ride que! They eventually got to their car after couple of hours walk and then sat in the carpark for another hour and a half.

Might need to leave more than 2 feeds.

My DS is 12wks too and he is very variable in the amount of EBM he takes from a bottle. Anything from 60ml to 120ml. Can you leave some in fridge and have a reserve in the freezer?

Still v jealous but was too tight to go myself!

norktasticninja Fri 12-Jun-09 18:21:59

Assuming she's happy to drink from a bottle I think I'd leave as much as I humanly could. DD always seemed to drink much more from a bottle than she did from me and to be less satisfied afterward too. I think it was the comfort of the skin to skin that did it.

Anyway I'd want to leave 3 x 120ml bottles just to be on the safe side and for my own peace of mind. I wouldn't really expect it all to be drunk though!

norktasticninja Fri 12-Jun-09 18:25:01

Mmm, hadn't considered the traffic thing. Maybe leave 4 over large feeds then? It all depends what you can express really...

brewsterbear Sat 13-Jun-09 14:08:37

Thanks!

Will leave 3 x 120ml

(am v excited!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now