Talk

Advanced search

HELP nearly at end of breastfeeding has anyone ever just used one breast???????

(2 Posts)
Nanc123 Fri 12-Jun-09 09:08:59

Hi - my DS is 11 months and I was only going to breastfeed to a year but I don't really want to have to stop suddenly because its going pearshaped! I've cut down to twice a day but the least favoured breast has not been dealing with that very well.......white spots lumps low milk supply etc - I am typing with shooting pains at the moment!! this has gone on for over a month and I knew this morning if I tried to feed him from it it would start hurting

As the left boob is OK can I leave the right breast to heal and just carry on for a couple of months on the left?????????? has anyone done this??? does one effect the other? Help no-one warned me about this when cutting down - thanks xx

notcitrus Fri 12-Jun-09 12:37:51

dunno - I stopped using my left at 8 months as it kept leaking and had never quite recovered from being mauled on day 2, and apart from using it for about 1 minute 36 hours later to deal with engorgement, had no problems at all.

Right breast is doing 3-4 feeds a day, a month later. I asked about it here a while back and apparently lots of women manage to bf fine on one side only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now