Talk

Advanced search

argh.. ff 12wk old & problems.. help?

(9 Posts)
Nahui Thu 11-Jun-09 14:32:26

Message withdrawn

brettgirl2 Thu 11-Jun-09 14:35:11

Does hungrier baby have more calories in it? I thought it was only to make them less hungry not to make them gain more weight. I may be completely wrong though.

you Thu 11-Jun-09 14:40:48

I think hungrier baby milk can cause constipation- could it be this?

In which case you could try giving an ounce or two of cooled boiled water, but tbh if she's only taking 3-4 oz I'd revert back to the normal formula as she certainly doesn't need the hungry baby one smile

Plus what brettgirl said is true, it contains the same calories so if anything she will be taking in less than she would be on her original formula

Nahui Thu 11-Jun-09 17:00:38

Message withdrawn

brettgirl2 Thu 11-Jun-09 17:32:21

The weight is exactly why - if she is not gaining weight and screaming because she is hungry then give her more.

Hungrier baby is meant for babies who drink enormous amounts of normal formula, are still hungry and as a result get fat.

Nahui Thu 11-Jun-09 17:40:57

Message withdrawn

PlumBumMum Thu 11-Jun-09 17:44:52

This might be a stupid question, and I'm only asking as my friend forgot to do it and her baby was the same, but have you moved her on to the next size teat, she might be getting tired sucking and taking in too much air and therefore 'colicky'

Nahui Thu 11-Jun-09 17:49:55

Message withdrawn

brettgirl2 Thu 11-Jun-09 17:53:04

Oh I do apologise for any offence, remind me to not bother answering any of your posts again hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now