Talk

Advanced search

thirteen week old being fussy with bottle

(6 Posts)
mummster Thu 11-Jun-09 08:20:19

Hello there! This is my first time on here and kind of at our wits end with regards to the way our LO feeds. She is happy to take first bottle of day 6oz then she has 3oz of next three day feeds and becomes agitated thereafter - screaming, tunrning away so I wind her and once thats done she again becomes very distressed. I stop trying to offer the bottle at that point then she wants fed around half hour later. Its almost as if she is sick of taking bottle! Any ideas I am certainly ot wanting to force feed her but the last feed of day can become a nightmare as she is so distressed. we notice as well that she is unable to feed with any noise/ talking etc around her. thanks

mummster Thu 11-Jun-09 08:27:43

oh forgot to say this has been going on for last three weeks

tillyfernackerpants Thu 11-Jun-09 08:33:59

mummster, what size teat are you using? Ime when they start fussing its time to move up a teat size.

mummster Thu 11-Jun-09 13:36:19

Shes on teat size 2 at moment. Does a 3 exist? thanks for advice! (hmm)

brettgirl2 Thu 11-Jun-09 13:47:35

That's interesting - I found the opposite with my 2 month old and she is now back on newborn.

Have you asked your health visitor for advice?

mummster Thu 11-Jun-09 20:10:21

No I haven't but will do next week if pursits. I bought teat size 3 so her last feed was on this but still ended up in tears!!! Will do a day tomorrow on teat size 3 to see how she gets on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now