Talk

Advanced search

So if I stopped bfing cold turkey on Monday...

(6 Posts)
FourArms Thu 11-Jun-09 07:15:02

...and my boobs are feeling OK today, have I got past the worst now? All feels fine, but was v.scared of getting mastitis stopping like this.

DS is nearly 3, and was still bfing 5+ times per day, with no signs of cutting down, so cold turkey was the only way. He's taken it surprisingly well though.

Jackstini Thu 11-Jun-09 09:35:38

Well done FA for getting to 3 years with DS. grin
If you do feel any build up, massage any lumpy areas.

belgo Thu 11-Jun-09 09:38:45

well down fourarms!

Yes you have probably got over the worst of it. I also stopped cold turkey when dd2 was 19 months, it was the only way to stop. My hormones were all over the place for ages, then loads of my hair fell out (but not so much that anyone else noticed).

madwomanintheattic Thu 11-Jun-09 09:40:33

don't forget to put the cabbages into the fridge, just in case. wink

TheOldestCat Thu 11-Jun-09 09:42:16

Well done you!

Might not happen to you, but just in case (forewarned is forearmed and all that), when I stopped feeding DD cold turkey, I was fine for a week. Then suddenly I got very hard breasts - was worried it was mastitis, but it felt different and I got good advice on here from others who had gone through the same. The hardness lasted for another week or so I think; when it got really uncomfortable I had a bath and hand expressed a tiny bit just to relieve the pressure.

This might not happen to you so I hope you're over the worst of it!

FourArms Fri 12-Jun-09 06:34:11

Thanks for all those posts.

All still feeling OK. DS2 didn't even ask for 'mummy milk' at bedtime or this morning.

Hopefully DH can start getting up in the mornings instead of me soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now