Talk

Advanced search

How much time does/did your 5/6 wk old spend on the boob/s?

(7 Posts)
cfc Wed 10-Jun-09 09:56:46

My LO spends only a short amount of time, probably no more than 8-10 mins on either side.

Weight gain and nappies all good, excellent weight gain in fact and no loss after birth, but I suppose I'm being paranoid!!

Anyone else got an efficient eater?!

Cx

LupusinaLlamasuit Wed 10-Jun-09 10:05:18

Sounds fine: at that age - apart from frequency days, my DCs were doing that too.

Don't worry - some babies are just effiecient. And if you're getting to know the signs of hunger from your child, you don't need to worry - if she/he looks hungry again put them back on but not all babies feed for hours on end.

I had big babies and a very strong letdown reflex/lots of milk and I think this helped.

dawntigga Wed 10-Jun-09 12:20:44

I hate you for that;)

Mine spends approx 2 hours but he was 5 weeks prem and it does seem to be getting better at night!

dxx

cfc Wed 10-Jun-09 12:50:21

Aw, I am sorry dawn!! If it's any consolation my friend had a teeny little preemy and she did that same at the beginning, she's now 9 weeks and is spending ten mins on the boob and is down for 3 hours during the day and 4 at night - she just had to grow a little!

LL - I also have a lot of milk and a super let down (I have to take him away when it comes as the little love chokes!) so I am thinking I'm doing ok.

Thank you x

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 10-Jun-09 13:04:10

envy
my ds2 spent hours and hours and hours. If I thought he'd fallen asleep and put him down, he'd wake up and cry and feed again!
My neighbour popped in one morning to take my shopping list, she came back 4 hours later and said 'oh is he feeding again'

... it was the same feed

3 years on he eats us out of house and home, at least bf was free!

cfc Wed 10-Jun-09 13:21:36

Ah, believe me we've had our moments and it's only the past few days/week he's settled into this way of eating. Could all change in a week!!

countrylover Wed 10-Jun-09 14:49:20

My DS2 is the same - he spends 15 minutes max per feed. But he's a big boy (over 13 pounds at six weeks) and he's got a strong suck on him so I think it's quite normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now