Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Day 2: my boobs have a rash and a blister's formed on one nipple

(3 Posts)
Darwina Tue 09-Jun-09 21:04:34

My dc2 was born on Sunday and last night I looked in the mirror where I saw red blotches all over both breasts. They didn't hurt and were gone by the morning so I thought no more of it. I've just fed and noticed a blister on the nipple though.

I'm worried it could be mastitis starting (I had this a few times with dc1). Is it too early for mastitis? My milk hasn't even properly come in. Any advice on calming the blister down would be welcomed.

I'll see my midwife tomorrow so can get more info then, but I'm just scared of a whole world of pain tonight from memories of 2 years ago with dc1 mastitis.

P.S. I'm new to the forum. Could anyone tell me what dc stands for? dear child/darling child....

motherlovebone Tue 09-Jun-09 23:14:28

Hi, congrats.
rashy breasts, normal at this stage, even now 7 months in i get some heat/rashes if DS (dear son) isnt drinking usual volume.
blister is normal too, incorrect latch? sometimes babies get a blister from nursing too.
my DH is from another country where its common practice to use carrot juice/grated to soothe the nipple.
i also had mastitis with my first, i think i was prone this time (is it the same breast?) i fed on all fours blush a fair bit and that seemed to remedy it.
also heard 'bed rest and plenty of breast!'
lots of sensible advice on this forum, let us know how you get on

Darwina Wed 10-Jun-09 09:17:04

Thanks for the advice. Heat rash sounds very likely, and i've probably got to adjust the latch a bit. Hopefully it's not looking like it's mastitis. Had a busy but successful night feeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now