Advanced search

ITV This Morning 12 o clock. Breastfeeding feature. REMINDER

(9 Posts)
pixiefish Tue 10-May-05 11:32:27

Just a quick reminder following yesterday's thread

juniperdewdrop Tue 10-May-05 11:41:03

bumping

pixiefish Tue 10-May-05 12:20:01

it was fairly ok APART for some women viewers who emailed in with really negative comments. They didn't really address these comments

QueenEagle Tue 10-May-05 12:23:05

I was expecting it to have a negative slant, but seemed to put b/f across in a positive light. All of the kids seemed independent, wandering off to friends/family behind the cameras. I liked the shot of the little girl kissing her dad.

pupuce Tue 10-May-05 13:00:29

I thought it was very good.

beckymumof3 Tue 10-May-05 13:10:48

Surprisingly positive I thought - they didn't seem to have gone out of their way to find wierdos or anything and the psych woman was also positive.

I think it helped that it was presented by Fern Cotton who had breastfed her kids and obviously didn't think it was wierd - although Philip Schofield tried to hide it I think he came across as anti-long term breastfeeding.

I was surprised by the fact that the average age for giving up BF worldwide is 4 and a half - thats a good message to get across.

I agree, the viewers comments were awful.

pupuce Tue 10-May-05 13:11:44

Fern Britten

beckymumof3 Tue 10-May-05 13:18:40

Oh yeah, too much CBBC and Top of the Pops in our house

emkana Tue 10-May-05 19:24:27

I'm really pleased that this was so positive about extended breastfeeding. And extra pleased because they quoted from an e/mail I sent in yesterday. Yeah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now