Talk

Advanced search

More Milk Plus

(8 Posts)
jasperc163 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:30:48

For those of you that have tried it - did it work? If so how quickly?

Been using about 3 days or so now, no significant difference really.

thanks

helenlouisey Mon 08-Jun-09 13:42:38

I used it but am afraid it didn't help, I ended up being prescribed Domperidone from my GP which worked within about 2 - 3 days I think. Good luck

jasperc163 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:27:35

thanks helenlouisey. As a matter of interest did they agree to give you domperidone because of lack of weight gain?

helenlouisey Mon 08-Jun-09 17:14:28

I had a baby in SCBU so I was expressing and knew that the amounts I was producing was low and wasn't enough and I really struggled to increase / maintain my supply through expressing alone. I was lucky that my GP was very sympathetic and prescribed Domperidone straight away. Maybe do a search for Domperidone on the board as I know lots of other ladies have used it on here, to see what their experiences were like to get it prescribed. Good Luck

jasperc163 Tue 09-Jun-09 13:35:16

GP has given me domperidone. What dosage did you use?

thanks

helenlouisey Tue 09-Jun-09 17:11:58

Hi, I started off on 3 tablets 3 times a day, so 9 in total, but ended up on 3 tablets, 4 times a day (12 in total) I then weaned down to 2 tablets 3 times a day. There is lots of info

here on kellymom

and on Dr Jack Newmans site here getting started and stopping here

Good luck

jasperc163 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:16:02

Thanks - thats more than i was given, She said to try 1 tab 3 times a day and then up it if doesnt work. Sounds like it wont at that amount.
Any side effects? I am getting stomach cramps already.

thanks for the links

helenlouisey Tue 09-Jun-09 19:31:51

Nope no side effects at all, it should help with the stomach cramps I think, domperidone is the same as motilium 10 , so should help with things like nausea , fullness, belching, heavy bloated stomach symptoms, trapped wind and heartburn.

Hope the stomach cramps go away soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now