Talk

Advanced search

8 month old won't drink any milk

(6 Posts)
mmmmchocolate Mon 09-May-05 21:34:38

Tried all teats and beakers, most types of milk but no joy. Cries and spits it out. All she is having at moment id 3oz in morning and nothing else. I need some help.....

Katemum Mon 09-May-05 21:41:58

Has something changed? Was she previously taking the bottles happily? Is she filling herslef up on solids so that she can't fit in the milk? Sorry, so many questions but no answers as yet.

mmmmchocolate Mon 09-May-05 21:50:49

Nothing changed, she has never been a big milk drinking but now refuses it unless i get her up in middle of night and she dream feeds 3/4 oz. She isn't hungry as she is quite happy to go through night. Its me i am worried she isn't getting enough milk. I have put milk in her dinners but she spits it out and also if i make it too cheesey. Been going on now for 2 months.

moondog Mon 09-May-05 21:52:24

My (b/fed) ds was down to one feed at this age.Water the rest of the time,although ate/eats lots of yogourt and milky porridge.

LoubieLou04 Mon 09-May-05 22:00:16

Sorry no real advice here but my mum tells me after 5mths I wouldn't touch milk no matter how much she tried. She would try and get it in me other ways like custard and yogurts etc and I believe I took some vitamins but was a long time ago. Maybe you should speak to hv.

Katemum Mon 09-May-05 22:03:09

I was the same LoubieLou, am sure that we turned out ok
Agree on seeing health visitor to consider vitamins. Also yoghurts, cheese as a finger food etc. Some babies just don't like the taste once they discover food.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: