Talk

Advanced search

I think I've been advertised at...

(3 Posts)
pinkspottywellies Sun 07-Jun-09 22:03:56

I'm on a survey site, where they send you an e-mail link and you get paid for filling in surveys about new products and advertising etc.

The other night I had a survey, aimed at women with a child under 10 months and it was about a particular brand of formula.

There were images of the box and information about the product, which isn't currently on the box (I looked next time I was in the supermarket) and lots of questions about what would make you buy the product, whether you think the claims they make about the products and scientific claims are credible etc

I guess it's market research about thier packaging but it seemed to be a good way of being able to target mums with young babies and push their claims about how good thier product is.

Am I being over-sensitive?

MerlinsBeard Sun 07-Jun-09 22:04:56

yes, why would they ask someone who doesn't have a baby? not likely to be buying their product if that is the case!

pinkspottywellies Sun 07-Jun-09 22:23:05

I'm just not sure that it was about information that they'd be allowed to have on the box - otherwise surely they would already. Also if you look on thier website you have to click on a button to look at any of the info - as in we're not allowed to show you this unless you agree that you have requested the information. So can they have it on the box if they can't have it on thier website?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now