Talk

Advanced search

Feeding tops recommendation please

(10 Posts)
kazbeth Sun 07-Jun-09 17:57:08

I'm looking for a couple of tops/dress which I can breastfeed easily in please. I've tried the vest trick mentioned on here but can't seem to make it work properly and end up flustered. If I just use a stretchy top I end up exposing loads of my belly which is not a pretty sight! I'm not very good at feeding in public for some reason this time round .. managed fine last time but was a smaller size so that may not help.

I'm looking for something reasonably cheap but not too casual that I can wear in the day.

It'll probably have to be online as well as there's nowhere round here that sells them.

Thanks for any suggestions

CherryChoc Sun 07-Jun-09 20:32:07

Mamaway sell some nice ones, and they've always got a sale on.

A couple of nice ones (and some not so nice ones) here.

Do you have a mothercare near you? They have some sometimes. H&M are very good as well, though you can't browse/buy online. H&M on ebay

bunnynbumblesmum Sun 07-Jun-09 20:47:34

hi not read all the post only 1st one but i got a breast vest, sits under your boobs so you lift you normal top up to feed and breast vest stays covering your tum. got it at my local breast feeding cafe (once a week sure start centre have 2 hours where its a breast feeding cafe, tottaly fab cos i'm not allowed to access sure start cos not in right area but can go to this, amazing as have breast feeding councilors there and nursery nurses to look after my oldest) think some local moms setting breast vests up as company, might have web site?

bunnynbumblesmum Sun 07-Jun-09 20:48:28

just relised only one other post, sorry dd was distracting me xx

kazbeth Mon 08-Jun-09 08:27:30

Thanks both. I took a look at the mamaway ones and the other link .. some are ok but others are pretty awful aren't they I was hoping for something less casual to wear. The mamaway ones seem to be mostly high round necks which are no good for an F cup .. they tend to make me look like I'm all bust.

cfc Mon 08-Jun-09 08:42:46

I wear my maternity belly band under my non bf tops, that way I pull up the t-shirt (or whatever) after unclipping the bra and exposing just the nipple which baby obv covers when latched on. Jelly belly remains covered with the band, easy peasy.

I like Emma Jane vest tops, they are the nicest I've found online (figleaves sell them IIRC) and I have heard good things about H&M.

Stay away from JoJo Maman Bebe, they are seriously shiteous.

CherryChoc Mon 08-Jun-09 09:04:56

H&M definitely a good bet. Do you have any friends who live near a big one? Or search ebay etc for "H&M nursing".

I have just found this which is quite nice, but they only seem to have the one design which is not much good!

Can you make your outfit look less casual by changing other parts of it? How about getting a breast vest as bunny suggested and wearing a blouse over the top?

kazbeth Mon 08-Jun-09 13:44:34

There is a H&M within driving distance but they don't sell any materity at all sadly.

I don't have a belly band .. will have to look for one - hopefully they make them in my size .. a lot of stuff tends to only go up to 16. Noted on Jojo although I don't think they do my size anyway so saved there

I looked up the breast vest (eventually as I got a few wrong turns on google). Are they comfy? they look like they would feel odd with the straps.

Most of my normal tops are just too awkward to feed in as they aren't baggy enough and I'm fed up of being scruffy and wearing just plain t-shirts. Looks like I need to look for a normal but baggy top(s) too .. hate shopping though.

AcademicMum Mon 08-Jun-09 15:51:55

this site is quite good for BF tops. The ones from Paolo Maria (sp?) are quite nice and not really obvious. Otherwise I had a Bravado Tank which was quite handy to put underneath stuff or for at night.

Mary3324 Wed 10-Jun-09 19:59:35

I have 5 tops by a company called BOOB which can be found at www.everydaymaternity.com

They may not be as cheap as you would like but, in my experience you get what you pay for with breastfeeding tops as I bought some cheaper ones which turned out to be crap! I've lived in these tops over the last 8 months and they still look really good despite going through the wash hundreds of times. Worth every penny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now