Talk

Advanced search

Is the occasional projectile vomit something to worry about?

(4 Posts)
Cosmogirl Sun 07-Jun-09 17:22:32

Hi all,

My DD is nine weeks old. She has been exclusively BF from birth and has gained weight well and has normal wet and dirty nappies etc.. of the right colour.

We've had four instances since birth when she has vomited a lot, like exorcist-style projectile vomit - I suppose it is a whole feed's worth and comes out fast and furious covering us both in sick. She always seems fine afterwards and not ill or anything like that.

It happened again yesterday when she seemed to be feeding a lot more in the evening and I wondered if she had just taken on too much milk....another of the four times was after we tried her with some EBM from a bottle.

Is it something to worry about do you think or have other people experienced similar? TIA.

madwomanintheattic Sun 07-Jun-09 17:25:15

dd1 was v keen on this. she was a pig tbh. actually all 3 of them did it at one/ twelve times or another... i didn't ever worry as long as they were putting on weight and not showing any other signs of reflux - pain etc...

Cosmogirl Sun 07-Jun-09 17:27:28

Thanks - I find it quite scary when it happens. Always takes me by surprise - it even came out through her nose yesterday!

yarrow5 Sun 07-Jun-09 20:45:35

hi, ds was a regular projectile vomitter!! he would do it at least every other day, if not every day. he's 10mths now and touch wood, hasn't done it for about a month. It is scary especially when it comes out their noses. but i eventually got used to it and sometimes was able to pre-empt it and always fed him on a blanket so as not to get a mess everywhere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now