Talk

Advanced search

My yoga teacher told me today I could toughen up my nipples with gin.

(15 Posts)
Picante Sat 06-Jun-09 19:49:06

Obviously before the baby is born.

Just wondering if I should splash out and get some Plymouth Gin or if Tesco's own would do?

hmm

grin

tiredandwornoutmum Sat 06-Jun-09 19:50:14

Really??

How does that work then?

Picante Sat 06-Jun-09 19:51:32

Well she said actually I could use any spirit.

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 19:51:51

You can toughen up your feet with surgical spirit/rubbing alcohol before a big trek. But I would not want to be doing that to my nipples...

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 19:52:34

If it's a PFB, Bombay Sapphire.

If it's a NSB, try meths...

Picante Sat 06-Jun-09 19:54:09

Lol. No not a PFB so won't be splashing out. Might go and have a rummage in the shed. grin

Jacksmama Sat 06-Jun-09 20:04:48

WTF? How does drinking gin toughen up your feet or your nipples???? [thicko emoticon]

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 20:13:44

Not drinking it, Jacksmama... sacrilegious as the suggestion is to treat gin that way, the yoga teacher wants Picante to rub it in...

If drinking gin toughened up your nipples I'd have breasts like one of Madonna's strange conical metal bras...

TheProvincialLady Sat 06-Jun-09 20:19:18

Well I must say I am surprised at a yoga teacher suggesting gin.

Sandpaper is not alcoholic and it's cheapergrin

Though for those who have left it too late and the baby is due any day, I hear a cheese grater works wonders.

TsarChasm Sat 06-Jun-09 20:21:45

I suppose nipples in your gin would make a change from tonic and lemon grin

I don't suppose she meant swigging it to dull the pain? wink

Jacksmama Sat 06-Jun-09 20:28:45

[I'm an idiot emoticon]

DH would like nipples in his gin...

grin

BTW, don't let tiktok hear of this discussion, she was pretty adamant on one of my theads recently that nipples do not toughen up... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that subject...

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 20:39:04

I've been breastfeeding for nearly four years and five months without a break and mine haven't toughened yet...

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 20:40:27

(when I say "without a break", obviously I have breaks and get out of the house and make tea and so forth. I haven't been breastfeeding literally without a break for that long)

Picante Sat 06-Jun-09 20:41:38

pmsl at those who thought I should drink it!

My nipples are definitely tougher after a year of expressing for ds so I'm hoping to have an easier ride this time. Might still try the gin tho!

foxytocin Sat 06-Jun-09 20:43:17

i've been bfing for 4 yrs now and still have soft nips.

<off to drink find some gin>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now