Talk

Advanced search

One problem after another.

(5 Posts)
HumphreyCobbler Sat 06-Jun-09 09:35:40

Since my dd started solids (which she has taken to with great enthusiasm) I have had a series of problems with breastfeeding.

Mastitis three times, followed by a blocked milk duct, followed by milk blisters on both sides. Then I had a week or two of pain free feeding only to develop thrush in my boobs (diagnosed myself thanks to mumsnet and kellymom!) which I treated.

I have woken up this morning with really intense pain on my right side. I have a milk blister there but there is a hard bit that feels like a blockages. I also feel quite fluey and as if I am coming down with mastitis sad

I am feeding my toddler once a day, and eight month old dd is fed on demand. She does not have a real routine, I have just followed her lead which is not consistent. She is BLW.

Would establishing a routine help? If so, what would be a good one for an eight month old?

Thanks for getting ths far, it is a bit of an essay, sorry.

Wonderstuff Sat 06-Jun-09 09:58:00

Sorry you are suffering, sounds like a nightmare. Has you 8 mo reduced her feeding a lot? Could you express a bit when you haven't fed for a while?
I'm no expert, hopefully one will be along soon.

HumphreyCobbler Sat 06-Jun-09 15:27:09

thanks wonderstuff

I think the problem is that her feeding is quite erratic. I can't help thinking if I could make it more regular my supply would not need to fluctuate so much.

HumphreyCobbler Sat 06-Jun-09 19:07:50

bump for evening

Wonderstuff Mon 08-Jun-09 12:27:55

How you doing today Humphrey?
Little bump because someone skiving off work using MN during the week may be more help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now