Talk

Advanced search

18 month old attached to milk from bottle

(3 Posts)
zzzmumzee Fri 05-Jun-09 23:30:46

My 18 month old dd still has to have milk from her "bottle" - well, it is one of those soft spout ones with handles iyswim.

I have tried for ages to get her off it; she will drink water out of her sippy cup (free flowing) and a doidy cup fine, but when I try milk in one she is not interested. I've also tried different beakers etc but she just looks at it and shakes her head. I think it's more of a comfort thing and easy because she can swig the entire lot in one go but I would really like to get her off it.

Anyone got any ideas?

EyeballshasBackBoobs Fri 05-Jun-09 23:53:20

I've got a nearly 17mo with the same issues, worse in fact because she won't drink milk from anything other than an actual bottle. Water, fine, would drink it out of a bucket. We have a bigger selection of cups and beakers than Mothercare and I finally decided last week that I'm not going to worry about it any more. It was taking up too much of my energy so I'm letting her get on with it.

Sorry, no help but I know exactly how you feel.

Cadelaide Sat 06-Jun-09 00:14:10

Relax, don't worry about it, she won't be doing it when she's at secondary school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now