Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice for BFing on holiday in hot climate

(4 Posts)
Daffodilly Fri 05-Jun-09 21:19:18

Am abroad with DS 4 mths old and it is HOT - 30C in the day.

He was going 4 hourly between feeds when we were at home. Should I look to offer breast more often in this hot climate - he hasn't really demanded it? I couldn't go 4 hours without a drink! Presumably I should also up fluid intake too?

onepieceofcremeegg Fri 05-Jun-09 21:25:19

He may be drinking more/more quickly when he is at the breast, even if he is still going 4 hours between feeds If he seems happy and alert then I don't think there is any need to offer him more. I think that the general advice re drinking is to drink as much as you feel you need, no doubt your body will naturally crave more in the hot weather anyway.

Although 30 is hot, we have had temps here in the UK nearing that (not this year yet but last year it was 28 degrees in our bedroom and dd2 didn't noticeably request more milk)

Daffodilly Fri 05-Jun-09 21:53:30

Thanks for that. He is certainly alert - worryingly so given that it is 11PM here! I'm ready to crash out to sleep even if he isn't...

whomovedmychocolate Fri 05-Jun-09 21:55:34

You need to drink more - he will be taking in more as previously stated. As long as his mouth does not look dry, his eyes or fontanelle shrunken or he looks lethargic don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now