Talk

Advanced search

DD2 is 20 months old, I have put her to bed with no BM for first time!

(8 Posts)
JackBauer Fri 05-Jun-09 19:53:41

I fed DD1 until she was 13 months, she stopped when I was pregnant (I think the wincing on my part didn't help...)
DD2 has been EBF, she has never taken a bottle and always spits it out.
I want to have a life, I want the option to go away with DH for the night, I want to sleep in a hotel without having kids nearby, I want to not have to be here every frigging night to put her to bed.
I gave her some warm cows milk in a cup before bed, read her and DD1 stories etc and then put her in teh cot, she was majorly pissed but calmed down quite quickly.
Now she is asleep. And I have teh guilts that she has gone to sleep with her BM!

Somebody slap me!

mumblecrumble Fri 05-Jun-09 21:01:27

I shall no slap you but congratulate you! You have fed her so much delicious milk! SHe is happy enough to sleep and you will get a little freedom back!

HURRAH!!!!!!!

TheBreastmilksOnMe Fri 05-Jun-09 21:04:19

Well done you! LOL at 'the guilts' grin I will be there myself in a few months and know how you're feeling. I'm not looking forward to it but as mumblecrumble said 'you have fed her so much delicious milk!'

JackBauer Fri 05-Jun-09 21:11:36

Thanks, that's what I need to hear!

Am amused now as she was so pissed off with me! She only has a few words but just screeched, and yelled
Mummy! Babby! (her word for BM)
<pause>

BABBY!

<longer pause as I hid outside door while she knew I was there>

Babby?

<pretend sob>

<sigh>

<rolled over and started chatting to her teddies>

I have been promising a friend that we would go away for a weekend when teh DC's stopped feeding, she managed it and now I have only to cut down morning feeds, although I think I might keep that up for a bit longer...
I'm such a wuss!

mumblecrumble Fri 05-Jun-09 21:24:31

"babby" Thats so cute!! We stopped feeding just before DD started saying words...

I wonder what she would have called it....

Will you feed her in the morning?

JackBauer Sat 06-Jun-09 15:22:24

She woke at 5 and I was so sleepy I forgot about the water in her room and fed her. Oops.
I fed her again when we got up at 7 btu am going to try and leave it at that for today.

I had managed to get DD1 to stop feeding at night by about a year by giving her water to break the habit, but when I tried it with DD2 she screamed and woke DD1 up, so I caved really quicklygrin Need resolve to do it, last time tried was 3 months ago!

JackBauer Sat 06-Jun-09 19:32:29

It worked again. I feel a bit rejected actuallygrin, she didn't cry or anything, she just asked for babby, I said no and handed her the cup again, she took another sip and lay down.

Am keeping morning feeds for a bit longer I think as she is easily distracted from them so it won't be too hard to drop that I think.

mumblecrumble Mon 08-Jun-09 15:47:58

My dd patted my boob in the bath yesterday and said "all gone"......

She then laughed....

Sigh......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now