Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This Morning <<snigger>&gt; at breastfeeding...

(59 Posts)
hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 13:12:39

At the end of today's This Morning, they said that they had some lactivists on tomorrow's show.

Lorraine Kelly said (with a face like a bulldog chewing a lemon-flavoured wasp) that these were women who breastfed their children up to the age of four, and Phillip Schofield said, "Bitty!"

So, can we look forward to a sensible debate and reasoned discussion tomorrow? I seriously doubt it...

gingerbear Mon 09-May-05 13:13:56

we need to bombard them with emails before tommorrow's show.

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 13:21:36

I think so too - hang on, I'll find the addy.

starlover Mon 09-May-05 13:22:22

they may have a chance during the show for people to ring in.... we all should do that... if enough of us are ringing, one of us is bound to get through!

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 13:23:26

1) PHONE ROOM: contact our phone room on 0870 333 0550 (9am-12.30am Monday-Friday)

2) EMAIL: emaill any queries you have to:

thismorning@thismorning.co.uk. We cannot guarantee a reply but we will do our best to get back to you.
NOTE: Please state the nature of your email and who it is for in the subject field where possible. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER IN THE EMAIL SO THAT SOMEONE CAN CALL YOU BACK IF NECESSARY!

Twiga Mon 09-May-05 13:23:52

Will watch with interest, surely can't be as bad as loose women?!

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 15:41:57

Bump...

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 15:44:03

What does bitty mean (I don't know that expression)

Satine Mon 09-May-05 15:48:39

Ok,I guess I'm setting myself up here but I find the sight of children (as opposed to babies) being breatfed disconcerting. I bf both my children so I'm not anti but whilst I respect mothers' own decisions, I do feel uncomfortable seeing kids running up to their mothers and pulling up their tops (as happened at a wedding I was at on Sat at the table whilst we were all eating). There, I'm prepared for the flak....

dinosaur Mon 09-May-05 15:48:50

er...are you serious hmc?

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 15:54:35

Ummm yes!

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 15:55:02

So what does it mean?

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 15:58:11

there's a picture on this page, top left

David Walliams, a grown man, breastfeeding... His mother's played by Geraldine James. He asks for a feed by saying "Bitty"

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 15:59:40

Oh thanks! - I don't watch Little Britain (I'm sure it's good but have never got around to it)

beansprout Mon 09-May-05 16:01:06

Oh blimey. Do you think This Morning will be so crass as to show a bitty clip? A fiver says they do!!

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 16:01:31

I don't expect to breastfeed other people's toddlers, but I also don't expect people to mind me breastfeeding mine (albeit a very young, not quite walking, but crawling speedily toddler!).

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 16:02:44

I won't take that bet, if you don't mind, BS...

Has anyone emailed them yet? I'm just about to.

gingerbear Mon 09-May-05 16:16:32

I have Hunker.

Caligula Mon 09-May-05 16:22:11

Just done it.

beansprout Mon 09-May-05 16:23:40

Anyone who e-mailed - what did you say?
I will later but have to take ds to the docs (nothing serious).

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 16:42:20

"I will be watching the show with interest tomorrow to see how many ill-informed and prejudiced statements Lorraine and Phillip make about breastfeeding.

Can't wait... They managed two at the end of today's show.

And I bet you show a Bitty sketch, just to make the item really hilarious and supportive.

If I have the wrong end of the stick, I apologise, but after Loose Women managed to be outrageously ludicrous in the way they "debated" this issue, I don't hold out much hope for ITV."

tiktok Mon 09-May-05 18:03:02

satine, no one is going to send you any flak

It doesn't really matter if individual people find it disconcerting - they don't have to look if it bothers them that much. It's also polite to keep those feelings to themselves (though it's ok to express them on MN, IMHO....I just mean not voicing them to the mother).

It's the folk who find it so distasteful they think they have the right to criticise the choice to do it that p* me off.

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 18:18:27

Tiktok, of course if people do criticise me for feeding DS, I will chase their toddlers and force them to suckle at my breast!

Gobbledigook Mon 09-May-05 18:20:44

Norty Hunker!!

BTW, cannot believe Pip's comment on This Morning - that is out of order.

hunkermunker Mon 09-May-05 18:22:06

GDG Can't help myself, really can't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now