Talk

Advanced search

Please convince me to keep BF DD3 (4 months)

(8 Posts)
fannybanjo Thu 04-Jun-09 20:52:25

I have absolutely loved BF all my children but am currently finding BF DD3 hard. Please give me all the benefits to BF a 4 month old... Will it harm her to give her a bottle of formula?

laumiere Thu 04-Jun-09 21:11:51

I can't give you any benefits, but just wanted to share sympathy. DS2 is 15w now and though I've enjoyed it, I am wondering how long I can keep it up for. (Only managed 8w with DS1).

I do love the way he looks so comfortable and snuggles up to me and 'sings' to my breasts though... and when he notices I'm dropping off to sleep and bops me in the nose so I'll keep up eye contact....

Beccatheboo Thu 04-Jun-09 22:06:10

Why are you finding it hard?

tiktok Thu 04-Jun-09 22:10:10

fanny - you know the health effects, and you know that 'a bottle of formula' at four months will have a negligible impact (unless there are allergy issues). But you also know, I bet, that 'a bottle of formula' doesn't instantly make bf easier if it's not going well, and that if it makes you unhappy to give a bottle then why should you?!

If you can share why it is hard, then lets see if there's some real help for you

Bramshott Thu 04-Jun-09 22:12:11

Because you've done the hard bit and it should start to get easier very soon.

Just think - you'd be spending your whole summer faffing about with sterlisers, milk powder, worrying about bottles in the heat etc etc grin

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 04-Jun-09 22:16:54

Reasons to be proud.

In what way are you finding it hard?

tsom Thu 04-Jun-09 22:19:01

It would be a shame to stop now - maybe she's just having a growth spurt so it seems harder work just now?

I've always preferred sitting on my backside BF to the idea of sterilizing bottles, lugging formula etc. Hang on in there.

Concordia Thu 04-Jun-09 22:26:31

Yes, it will get a lot easier. If you give just one bottle at this point, soon you could start drying up and then on formula all the time with lots of sterilising and faff. My DD is now 8 months and in the last couple of months since weaning it is so much easier - 3 or 4 short feeds a day, now. I think the hard work now will pay off for the 6 to 12 month period at least in hassle, and increeased cuddles with your DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now