Talk

Advanced search

my baby has been prescribed nutramigen

(4 Posts)
mrsDA Thu 04-Jun-09 09:57:25

she's been breastfed till now but i started introducing formula as im back to work soon and wanted her to have formula at nursery. my supply when expressing is pretty rubbish. anyhoo, she reacted to both aptamil and cow and gate- lots of screaming fits to begin with and now she has a rash immediately after she has formula.

ive heard that taste is an issue with this formula. are there any other alternatives if this doesnt work? i have to pick prescription up today

thanks ladies

mrsDA Thu 04-Jun-09 09:58:18

oh she's 20 weeks old and i started formula 2 weeks ago.

Sago Thu 04-Jun-09 10:40:03

i can only add that nutramigen worked fine with my dd - cos of an allergy too. IF there is a problem (which fingers crossed there will not be!) maybe mix with expressed breastmilk until you can increase the amount of nutramigen to 100%? that way she can get used to the taste slowly....

AcademicMum Thu 04-Jun-09 14:14:55

Cow and Gate Pepti or Pepti Junior taste significantly better. They are also cheaper so that would please your GP's a guess. The other alternatives are Neocate which is more of a man-made nutrient solution than a "milk" and is designed for children with mutiple allergies or severe cows milk allergy (where they react to Pepti or Nutramigen) or Nutramigen AA which is similar to Neocate but tastes more like Nutramigen 1. The only other I know of is Pregestimil but have no experience with this one. Personally I'd recommend Pepti as it tastes pretty much like standard formula.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now