Talk

Advanced search

How to wean off the boob?

(5 Posts)
poshsinglemum Thu 04-Jun-09 01:03:07

DD is almost one and I am getting pissed off with bf. I think it's the heat etc.
I would like to give her a feed in the evening but otherwise introduce cows milk.
ATM we co-s;leep and I'm sure that contributes to her waking for feeds.
I really want to make the change soon. How can I do it?

margobambino Thu 04-Jun-09 10:22:42

My DS is 2 this month and I am still breastfeeding. I have been planning to stop for months now but could not find any solution yet blush
Sometimes I feel like he will continue breastfeeding until college and panick

memct Thu 04-Jun-09 22:04:10

hiya
Have just got thrush in my nips from my 11 month old son and it hurts like almighty hell so i too was thinking of stopping!However, after an entire sleepless night of screaming when I refused to feed him plus a day of engorgement the next day I've decided that stopping suddenly isn't good for anyone. I've read up a bit and the 'don't offer, don't refuse' system seems sensible to me. Could take a few weeks or even months but I suppose it'll be less of a shock to the system (or boobs!) for either of you.
We co-sleep too BTW, was thinking of letting him stay in bed with his Dad whilst I sleep in the spare room for a couple of nights to see if that helps.
Best of luck
xx

kalo12 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:07:13

i've been trying don't offer don't refuse but ds demands it all the time - he's 15 months - i want to stop too but don't know how.

rollercoaster1 Mon 08-Jun-09 18:27:21

hiya, wish I had an answer to this as my return to work is imminent and my DS 8 mths old is still eating bugger all solids and waking me about 6 times a night for feeds! Fine for now but cant keep that up when Im back at work. No-one seems able to advise on how to wean off the boob!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now