Talk

Advanced search

Ow Ow Ow! Wierd boil/abcess/spot thing on areola!

(4 Posts)
BoffinMum Mon 01-Jun-09 13:33:18

TMI alert ... I have got a strange boil thing on my areola that burst in the shower last night, and some bloody pus came out. I put a load of antiseptic cream on it, but it is swelling up again and is red and hard, a sort of small sized lump underneath the skin somewhere below. I think I may have got it from wearing Lilypadz too much, and maybe blocking a sebacious (sp) gland of some kind, perhaps. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? BTW my eight week old DS seems to be feeding fine, as the boil thing is at the edge of the areola, but the whole thing aches.

Juwesm Mon 01-Jun-09 16:57:48

Hey Boff <waves>!

Bumping for you.

Have been considering posting a pic of my own completely-unblisterlike possible milk blister, to see if anyone has had similar. I'll show you mine if you show me yours wink!!!

BoffinMum Mon 01-Jun-09 19:46:05

Yo Juwesm! <waves back>

It's not as red on the outside now, so not much to see, just a lump if you run your finger over it.

Juwesm Mon 01-Jun-09 22:06:48

And mine just relieved itself quite spectacularly, so not much to see here either! Hopefully yours will resolve on its own and not trouble you again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now