Talk

Advanced search

Ds suddenly going ages between feeds - should I be worried?

(2 Posts)
heavenlylily Mon 01-Jun-09 09:52:22

Ds is 3 months old. He has started to go 5-6 hours between some of his feeds during the day and the night. This has coincided with the hot weather and also with him finding his thumb which he is using to self sooth himself to sleep. Dd never did this in hot weather - if anything she fed more as presumably she was thirsty. Am probably worrying about nothing as he is v happy and smiley, got plenty of wet nappies and he will go longer at some point I suppose but would just like some advice. Last night I fed him at 5.30pm and he didn't want any more before bed and I had to wake him at 2.30am (9 hours) as my boobs felt like they were going to explode!! I know I should be happy that I am getting more sleep but shouldn't a 3 month old be feeding more often?? Dd didn't go this long until she was weaning.

tiktok Mon 01-Jun-09 09:56:35

It's unusual and more than one gap of this length is likely to be very temporary....chances are he will be back to normal in a day or so, tops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now