Talk

Advanced search

Volunteers needed for The Birmingham Breastfeeding Picnic -must be breastfeeding and able to get to Brum for a day

(25 Posts)
TBM Sun 31-May-09 16:49:45

As the title says, we need volunteers. It's going to be a really tough day, we're going to spend the day in Birmingham City Centre, lunch in a cafe, dinner out and visiting some places in between.

Think you're tough enough?

The point is to take some pictures of women being together, doing normal things and breastfeeding. But the breastfeeding is unimportant, you don't know unless you look. The idea is that you can still do things when you breastfeed; it doesn't have to be "flashing" yourself and even when you are showing skin it's not something major; most importantly that you can still have a fun and a life!

If you are interested please email me on TinkerBellesMum at ymail.com We haven't got a date yet, so if you can let me know what you can do in the next six weeks we'll see what suits most people.

If you want to come along for the fun of it, please feel free to email me too.

llareggub Sun 31-May-09 16:54:08

Where will the photos be used? I might be able to do this but couldn't be out for the whole day unless I can off-load the toddler as well. He has just self-weaned and the sight of so many people breastfeeding might be too much for him!

ChairmumMiaow Sun 31-May-09 16:56:21

There are two of us signed up so far (TBM and I who are organising the picnic) - TBM has a newborn and an older toddler, and I have a nice middle sized one (16mo) but we're looking for all extremes of ages (and some tiny ones are always nice for the camera!)

If you can take a day, or even an hour out, please do come and help us as we want to make our breastfeeding picnic look as professional as possible. We've got a volunteer proper photographer and if we can have some images normalising breastfeeding to display at the picnic, and to use in our advertising, it would be really useful!

TBM Sun 31-May-09 17:04:20

She's an MNer but I can't remember her ID blush

The pictures are to make a montage poster for the picnic. As Chairmum says you can join us and leave us whenever you need to, mixing the pictures up a bit will be good so it doesn't look too much like we've posed them - we will have, but it needs to be natural or it loses the point.

WorzselMummage Sun 31-May-09 17:09:49

I might be up for this date depending :

TBM Sun 31-May-09 17:23:03

Email me and let me know what you can do.

TBM Sun 31-May-09 23:11:27

Bump?

CherryChoc Sun 31-May-09 23:28:00

I'd be interested - I'm bf my 8mo DS and am vaguely in the area (Warwick), the problem is I don't drive and am a bit skint at the moment. Will email you tomorrow anyway (bit late now) and have a chat and see if we can sort anything out.

DitaVonCheese Mon 01-Jun-09 00:16:07

Oh what a fab idea! I'm organising the Warrington one so a bit far away but could probably make it if you were desperate. Just really like the idea

TBM Mon 01-Jun-09 10:25:10

You're welcome to join us, the more the merrier.

CherryChoc Mon 01-Jun-09 10:41:08

Have just emailed you TBM

LeonieSoSleepy Mon 01-Jun-09 11:53:17

Message withdrawn

TBM Mon 01-Jun-09 12:22:41

I've replied to you both.

Anymore?

TBM Mon 01-Jun-09 16:37:44

I was just wondering if anyone would like to do their own version and share the pictures?

WorzselMummage Mon 01-Jun-09 16:55:19

I've just emailed you, sorry it's taken me so long, i'm useless !

TBM Mon 01-Jun-09 17:25:06

I've replied, I think I've narrowed down some dates now, will post later when I've heard back from ChairMum.

cyteen Mon 01-Jun-09 17:27:02

I'd be up for this (am in Leicester) but could only do Monday or Tuesday if a weekday as I am going back to work this week

Will email when not wrangling naked 9mo grin

TBM Mon 01-Jun-09 17:48:54

It's looking like we will be doing a Thursday or Friday.

imaginewittynamehere Mon 01-Jun-09 17:58:42

Have emailed you

clare792000 Tue 02-Jun-09 10:30:29

Hiya just spotted this on the BLW forum so thought id pop over. Im in Bham and BF my 6 1/2 month old so we oculd be there depending on day, but would have to leave in time for the school run to pick my big 'uns up. Sounds great though!

TBM Tue 02-Jun-09 10:50:39

We're working around school runs anyway, so that's fine.

If everyone who is interested can email me I will send out a group email and we can discuss it together.

SparklingSarah Tue 02-Jun-09 12:08:09

I'd happily do a version in Northants

this area REALLY is desperatly lacking in breastfeeders

Brum is a bit far I'll have a think though

TBM Tue 02-Jun-09 13:14:37

I have four to spam wink any more email addresses for me?

SparklingSarah, is there a picnic happening near you? I'm not keeping up with where they all are! It would be great if more areas can do it too, we could swap pictures.

Belgianchocolates Fri 05-Jun-09 17:01:17

I'm interested. I go to B'ham all the time. I actually BF my 3 week old dd2 in the Costa Coffee in the Bull Ring last Sunday. I've got 2 older dcs who go to school too, so I need to keep school hours into account too.

Belgianchocolates Tue 23-Jun-09 13:34:58

Just bumping for TBM. We're meeting up this thurs and would love some more volunteers. For more info please e-mail TBM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now