Talk

Advanced search

ow ow please help

(9 Posts)
plantsitter Sat 30-May-09 07:45:16

I have a blister on my nipple. It's definitely a friction blister not a milk bleb - got it from trying to feed lying down and not doing it right.

It's soooo painful and wondered if anyone can help? If I pop it, is that going to unleash all manner of badness? i'm just carrying on feeding at the mo but it huuuuuuurts

Divvy Sat 30-May-09 07:48:28

Ouch, no idea what to adivse you but if it were me, I would maybe feed on the other side for a day or so till its not so sore. I have no idea if that is the right advice though, but would make sence to do for now.

plantsitter Sat 30-May-09 07:54:45

Thanks Divvy. Will that affect supply do you think?

Divvy Sat 30-May-09 08:21:56

I dont know, but as its only for a day or so till you are better would think not. Thing is you cant feed on the sore one can you? I would think mother nature works better than that. I dont really know though.

tiktok Sat 30-May-09 09:11:50

plantsitter, how old is your baby?

If you suspend feeding on the sore side you will be uncomfortable if you don't express.

Call one of the helplines for suggestions of other posits which might not be as painful for you.

plantsitter Sat 30-May-09 09:17:24

Hi Tiktok thanks for replying. She's 4 months. We had probs at the start but bf was going ok... until I was so lazy I didn't want to sit up to feed and latched her on rubbishly lying down.

Divvy Sun 31-May-09 09:06:37

How is the sore boobie today?

plantsitter Sun 31-May-09 18:45:57

Thanks for asking! Was planning to update just in case someone searched for 'nipple blister' in the future. I did feed a bit less on that boob 'cos it seems less painful when she feeds from an engorged boob. then I put sudocreme on it when dd went to bed, and washed it off and put lasinoh on when I went to bed. It is healing and feels loads better today. Phew!

Divvy Sun 31-May-09 19:37:25

Very good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now