Talk

Advanced search

Favourite nursing bras

(16 Posts)
mum2JRC Thu 28-May-09 14:13:08

Hi

I need to get some more nursing bras. The last lot I got from M & S and I think I need something a bit more supportive. I'm about a 38DD at the mo.

Any suggestions in a reasonable price bracket?

TIA smile

MrsMotMot Thu 28-May-09 14:19:59

Bravado are excellent, and if you want special and pretty, then Hotmilk. Prices for the Hotmilk ones are quite high, but the website above sell them at a reduced rate.

HollyPutTheKettleOn Thu 28-May-09 14:23:58

I bought these from Vertbaudet and they are brilliant! My ds is nearly 2 and I was sick and tired of having saggy baggy boobs with non-wired bras, so I went against all advice and got some wired ones. They are really comfortable and fit like a dream (I am a 36E in M&S and they are very much the same in sizing).

I also found a code for £15 off when you spend £20, so I only paid £10 for the 2 bras. Bargain!

DitaVonCheese Thu 28-May-09 17:40:26

Love my Hotmilk - I have the pink one and the silver paisley one and they're gorgeous. They are expensive but seem to be half price quite often if you keep an eye out (got both mine half price). Be warned though that they say delicate wash or handwash or some such nonsense on the label (pah to that) and my shapely size 14-16 arse is apparently XL hmm

Loved my Bravado lifestyle (?) bra but it's now gone grey and horrible. I sleep in their cotton pull-over-head ones but they're not hugely supportive (I'm a 36E), it's just to hold my breastpads in place. Have a Bravado spice (black with pink straps) but it's quite hard to fold the cups down, which I find annoying.

dorisbonkers Thu 28-May-09 22:21:04

Anita underwired ones. I've lived in mine for 7 months and honestly don't know what I've had done if I didn't have a bra that supported my 34F knockers and looked ok under clothes.

I wear Emma Jane non-wired ones in bed, but they are crap for the bigger busted for day.

Elpis Fri 29-May-09 20:59:33

I've found Freya really good - their 36E fits me whereas HotMilk were a bit tight in that size. Elle Macpherson Intimates do one nursing bra in that size which is pretty. Try www.figleaves.com - they deliver quickly and you can return them easily.

QueenFee Fri 29-May-09 21:07:05

I have these bravissimo and I love them
I think you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

JetLi Fri 29-May-09 21:13:39

Hijacking thread a bit, but do you wear nursing bra's until you stop BF-ing or would you revert to normal ones sometime before?

QueenFee Fri 29-May-09 21:17:27

Hi Jetli smile
I wore them till my Dcs were just down to 2 or 3 feeds which for me was about 8 months.
However I know mums who drop them asap so it's personal I think. I didn't find underwires comfortable when I was feeding. My sister didn't have a problem with that so use normal bras from about 3 months. I have big norks though she has small - not sure if there is a link!
HTH

JetLi Fri 29-May-09 21:24:29

Thanks Queenfee grin

DeathbyDora Fri 29-May-09 21:27:47

I remember loving my Elle McPherson ones when I fed DD and DS. The fact that I could still wear the same ones shows that they lasted!! Think I was about a 36DD but they definitely came in a 38.

AcademicMum Fri 29-May-09 23:42:04

Bravado seamless bra. Maybe not the most sexy but comfy and adjusts to changing boob size pre- and post-feed. Also Bravado vest top nice and comfy and has built in bra.

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 29-May-09 23:44:18

I lived in Bravado tanks during the day. White ones looked like camisoles. Great under jackets. shirts...

WolframAlpha Sat 30-May-09 00:05:43

The Elle Macpherson smooth ones were the best. The Bravado ones did nothing for my boobs. Ok for night time.

QueenFee Sun 31-May-09 19:18:47

Just to add that if anyone lives in the north west, Cheshire oaks has just opened an Elle MacPhearson shop and had nursing bras in for around £16 Bargain!

nosleeptilbedtime Mon 01-Jun-09 22:08:09

I got this bra recently and love it, v supportive for a nursing bra

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now