Talk

Advanced search

Don't know what I should be doing.....

(13 Posts)
dinny Fri 06-May-05 08:08:44

in preparation for going back to work 3 days a week when ds is 11 months (in two month's time). He is bf but we are in NO routine - just as a when he fancies it. He loves drinking from his beaker - water, formula or even cow's milk. Could I leave him at nursery with just his cup to drink formula from? Feel I should be doing something to prepare. Any suggestions?

Twiglett Fri 06-May-05 08:11:30

he won't need milk during the day, he certainly won't need formula - I would just let him have water or cow's milk

don't think you need to prepare anything

TracyK Fri 06-May-05 08:39:54

agree with twiglett - at 11 mo won't need bf during the day.

dinny Fri 06-May-05 20:09:51

Really? Oh that is reassuring. I keep stressing that he isn't that interested in bfing in the day much any more - always wants to crawl after dd instead. Worried he's not getting a pint of milk a day (though God knows how you ever know how much they get when bfing).

hunkermunker Fri 06-May-05 20:11:42

Hi Dinny

Think I'll see you for longer on Weds when you come back - I'll be in from 1.30pm - 11.30pm

Would second what's already been said - your DS won't necessarily need breastmilk or formula on the days you are at work.

We're not in a routine either really, but DS has about three breastfeeds a day (he has cow's milk on porridge, and loves cheese). When I'm at work, he sometimes has cow's milk, but doesn't drink much of it. He loves water though, so has lots of that and food too.

Can't believe how old our DSs are now! Seems like seconds ago you were telling me about going for your 12-week scan - that was the day I went on maternity leave!

See you soon...meet up maybe sooner?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dinny Fri 06-May-05 20:43:07

Hi, HM
Thanks for the advice - ds is really loving his solids and only really wants bf at night. For instance, today he refused a mid-am bf but then chowed down two dried apricots, a big rice cake and beaker of water . His baby days are flying past .
Goodness, a 10L - YUK. What other days do you do?

hunkermunker Fri 06-May-05 20:54:27

Aw, bless him! He sounds like he's doing brilliantly! Email me pics if you get a mo!

I'm doing 10-8 on Sundays, and going to also do 1-11 on Saturdays - will reevaluate when DS is 18mo, but for now, we need the money and I'm hardly out clubbing on Saturdays anyway I quite like late shifts though, prefer them to earlies!

dinny Fri 06-May-05 20:56:39

we are sooooo skint. think am going to do earlies tue and wed and then maybe an 8L on thurs... oh, what a wonderful decision! what's the recation to all the slagging we're getting in the papers?

hunkermunker Fri 06-May-05 20:58:29

Dinny, do you MSN? Am on as tantchilli at hotmail dot com - not comfy talking re work too in-depth on forum! Or email?

Love

ParanoidHunker

dinny Fri 06-May-05 21:03:45

how do I MSN?

hunkermunker Fri 06-May-05 21:05:33

Go here , download and install the software - have you used it at work? You just add contacts by email address and then chat away!

dinny Fri 06-May-05 21:08:01

Hunker, am going to do it tomorrow as (dh just pointed out ) we start Broadband tomorrow. Then we can chat away! Is it free? Yes, have used it at work.

hunkermunker Fri 06-May-05 21:09:49

Yes, totally free! Ooh, enjoy broadband...it's LOVELY!

Will look forward to chatting away soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now