Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Still emotional 9months after giving birth

(8 Posts)
jakeybob Wed 04-May-05 13:51:21

I would like to know how I can stop crying. I went shopping last week, got to the till and realised I'd forgotten my purse and began to blubber. Anything can set me off, many of them quite silly. I never used to be like this. I am still bf and do wonder if it's the hormones and will I have to put up with this until my son stops!

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 04-May-05 13:53:01

Do you think it could be PND, jakeybob?

jakeybob Wed 04-May-05 13:55:52

I don't know? I've suffered with depression in the past and it didn't feel like this.

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 04-May-05 14:03:04

Do you cry alot?

How do you cope other than the crying?

fastasleep Wed 04-May-05 14:08:54

Until about 3 months after I stopped breastfeeding I cried at everything and blushed incredibly easily for some reason.. I just felt generally strange! Then I got pregnant and I'm even worse lol.... but I'd say it was the breastfeeding - it made me weird! As long as there are no other 'symptoms'

jakeybob Wed 04-May-05 14:20:01

I'm fine otherwise. I was told I'd be more tearful after birth due to hormones all over the place. Does bf cause them to stay like this? I have no-one to ask as all my friends and family bottle fed. I will cry at anything, can be sad or happy. It's very annoying esp when I'm out, people look at me strangely and are a bit embarrassed.

fastasleep Wed 04-May-05 14:21:54

I think it wears off eventually! As long as you don't get in a cycle of breastfeeding - getting pregnant - breastfeeding etc then you'll be crying buckets for years like me!

jakeybob Wed 04-May-05 14:22:12

Thanks fastasleep. It's good to know Im normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now