Talk

Advanced search

GROWTH SPURT OR NEED FOR FOOD?

(4 Posts)
MollyMooMin Tue 03-May-05 17:20:19

My DD is 4 months old. She is on 9oz bottles every 6 hours. This morning after feeding, she cried until I gave her another couple of ounces. At lunchtime, the same happened so I offered her milk from her teatime bottle(9oz), and she near on finished it! So, her dinnertime feed ended up 15oz! My friend doesn't think she's on a growth spurt, that she is asking for more "solid" food, such as baby rice. I wasn't going to rush introducing it but the last thing I want to do is deny her food! 2nd opinions would be appreciated!

beansprout Tue 03-May-05 17:22:44

They do have a growth spurt at 4 months. Ds's was amazing, he scoffed and scoffed and boy, did he grow! They only last a few days though, so perhaps see if things settle down again soon? This growth spurt is often mistaken for babies needing solids but current advice is to wean at 6 months. HTH.

hunkermunker Tue 03-May-05 19:45:47

Does she have any water between bottles? Six hours is a long time to go without any food or drink.

IMO it's a growth spurt.

MollyMooMin Wed 04-May-05 08:13:29

She doesn't even cry for her feed at 6 hours, I just feed her then as I don't think she should go any longer between feeds. She sleeps through too, so goes 12 hours at night without food. I know this seems a long time but HV says she would soon let me know if she got hungry inbetween, and she's growing so to go by her lead. She had a restless night last night so I think I can definitely put it down to a growth spurt now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now