Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

GROWTH SPURT OR NEED FOR FOOD?

(4 Posts)
MollyMooMin Tue 03-May-05 17:20:19

My DD is 4 months old. She is on 9oz bottles every 6 hours. This morning after feeding, she cried until I gave her another couple of ounces. At lunchtime, the same happened so I offered her milk from her teatime bottle(9oz), and she near on finished it! So, her dinnertime feed ended up 15oz! My friend doesn't think she's on a growth spurt, that she is asking for more "solid" food, such as baby rice. I wasn't going to rush introducing it but the last thing I want to do is deny her food! 2nd opinions would be appreciated!

beansprout Tue 03-May-05 17:22:44

They do have a growth spurt at 4 months. Ds's was amazing, he scoffed and scoffed and boy, did he grow! They only last a few days though, so perhaps see if things settle down again soon? This growth spurt is often mistaken for babies needing solids but current advice is to wean at 6 months. HTH.

hunkermunker Tue 03-May-05 19:45:47

Does she have any water between bottles? Six hours is a long time to go without any food or drink.

IMO it's a growth spurt.

MollyMooMin Wed 04-May-05 08:13:29

She doesn't even cry for her feed at 6 hours, I just feed her then as I don't think she should go any longer between feeds. She sleeps through too, so goes 12 hours at night without food. I know this seems a long time but HV says she would soon let me know if she got hungry inbetween, and she's growing so to go by her lead. She had a restless night last night so I think I can definitely put it down to a growth spurt now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: