Talk

Advanced search

MARSLADY!!!

(25 Posts)
hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:12:31

Hi hun, hey, tell me about your gorgeous DTs - are they weaned from breastfeeding now? I think I read on another thread that you started the process by going away for the weekend - now, I have the chance to go away for the weekend without DS when he is 15mo old, but I don't plan on it being the end of breastfeeding - unless he's stopped before then, of course.

So, if you have weaned them, do you think that you could have gone away for the weekend and they'd have gone back to breastfeeding? Also, did you express while you were away? And if you have stopped (hey, how much do I not know and have to assume while I'm writing this post!), did it take long before you were comfortable?

And how are the weather DTs? Still adorable monkeys?

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:19:12

The adorable monkeys have been so gorgeous today. Running away from daddy in the park (opposite directions). Running away from everyone in the garden. DT1 can climb. And boy does she climb. DT2 has learnt to run and now he runs everywhere.

When I went to Preston for the weekend and didn't want to stop feeding I took a hand pump and expressed myself twice a day. When I got home I decided that I would only feed the DTs at night. It worked straight away because I had been away from them. It wasn't uncomfortable as I had already reduced the feed by expressing twice rather than three times a day.

I haven't stopped bfeeding them yet. I will do at the end of June because, too be honest, I want my boobs back and I want to be able to go away without the need to express.

If you don't want to stop, then express whilst you are away and feed when you get home. The DTs would have taken my breast as soon as I got home if I had let them. To lessen the discomfort, when I go away (on my salsa weekend) I shall express, but I'll only do it once (before hitting the dance floor). When I get home I won't bfeed the DTs at all and I shall see if I need to continue expressing, but I don't think that I'll need to.

I shall be sad when I stop though because I will never breastfeed again. These are my last babies. Ah well..........

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:20:05

incidentally, DT2 is sparko in bed and DT1 is on the couch with DH both snoring gently. lol

ghosty Mon 02-May-05 00:21:43

Never say never Marslady ... didn't you say that to me?
Go on ... make it a round 6 .... !!!!!

Only joking ....

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:22:19

Ooh, climbing DT1 - little monkey Love the idea of them running in opposite directions - do you think they plot this with flipcharts to cause maximum disruption?

Very impressed that you've fed children 4 & 5 for as long as you have - can't imagine breastfeeding two at once, but am sure I'd have tried!

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:22:46

2nd word is OFF ghosty

PMSL You're right. I take back the never (everything in the Mars household is crossed)

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:23:30

What?! The DTs are asleep?! Send them out for more runs with Daddy

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:24:05

I don't mean now, in the middle of the night, that would be odd.

ghosty Mon 02-May-05 00:24:05

@ ML ...

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:25:37

It's you hinkermunker. DT2 has just come for a blimming feed. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and I think that he stinks. Gonna wake DH now! Eurrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghosty Mon 02-May-05 00:25:46

My friend tried to b/f her twins at the same time and said it wasn't a pretty sight ... so she mixed fed from early on ... one had a bottle the other the boob and at the next feed they swapped ...
I admire you ML ...

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:26:32

Oh, no! Sorry, ML

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:27:12

<<Mars takes all the praise with a big smug grin on her face and DT2 suckling (great word that) at her breast>>

JulieF Mon 02-May-05 00:28:39

Have rad this with interest. I am still feeding ds morning and night but am going away for a week at the end of May. The expectation is that I'll stop breastfeeding then, but I feel really sad about it. I think dh will be appalled if I continue when I come back though.

Do you think I'll have to express a bit for comfort if I do stop, or maybe I should express every day and see what happens when I get back.

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:29:05

@ smug (and rightly so!) ML

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:30:14

Hi JulieF

I'll be expressing while I'm away (think I'm going for two nights) - I've asked DH how he feels about me continuing to bfeed DS and he says he's fine with it, so not sure what I'd do if he was appalled by it. Why will your DH be appalled?

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:32:39

julieF, if you are feeding twice a day I think that you should express once a day whilst you are away for comfort. Your boobs will feel like exploding otherwise. Then after a week you can express every other day then soon you can stop completely.

JulieF Mon 02-May-05 00:34:32

He doesn't like me breastfeeding, hunkermunker, especially not a 15 month old.

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:35:49

JulieF

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:35:58

blimming men! honestly!

JulieF Mon 02-May-05 00:37:19

I'm going to end up a secret breastfeeder, a bit like some wives are secret alcoholics or pill poppers!!!!!

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:42:45

and here's DT1 again. I hope that when I stop feeding them they sleep through the night because there's nothing to wake up for.

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:47:59

JF, did he not like you bfeeding at all? Fantastic that you've done it so far then - unsupportive partners aren't conducive to breastfeeding Totally not meant to be patronising, please don't take it that way!

ML, hope the DTs are both lovely sleeping creatures for the rest of the night

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:58:10

Right, the weather twins are finally asleep and so I'm off to my bed. DH working overnight tomorrow, and so I'm not a happy camper as I was gonna go out salsaing. Never mind! Nitey nite hinkermunker

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 01:08:03

Night night, ML

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now