loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hypnotherapy and breastfeeding, anyone?

(4 Posts)
Pruni Fri 29-Apr-05 20:13:27

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Fri 29-Apr-05 20:18:23

I used a hypnotherapist for pregnancy stuff. She's in Richmond, if I remember rightly. Anyway, I don't know whether she did stuff for breastfeeding, but I know she'd had good experiences with breastfeeding, yourself.

I was reasonably happy with the experience, although it maybe wasn't tailored enough. She taped the session for me, so I could use the tape for relaxation later.

I think breastfeeding would be a good thing to do hypnotherapy for. In your position, I'd also have a good chat with your nearest breastfeeding counsellor (the BFN are good), both to figure out what went wrong, and to build a relationship so you'll be comfortable calling on her for help early, next time, if you have a hard time.

FYI, I had a hardish time with BF with DS1. We used shields, he didn't gain weight quickly, and he fed constantly. I did persevere, but it took a lot of work and stubbornness. I was ready for problems with DS2. But he had a better arrival, latched on well in recovery, and bf has always been quite easy with him.

Pruni Sat 30-Apr-05 19:33:50

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Mon 02-May-05 07:39:22

I had absolutely no worries about BF before having DS1. I was sure I'd have loads of milk, it would all be easy.

As it turned out, we managed it only due to extreme stubbornness, and thanks to our independent midwife.

This time, I was ready for all sorts of struggle and hassle, and it's been really easy.

At any rate, I do think a hypnotherapist could help - if you find one that does pregnancy stuff, I'm sure she'd also do breastfeeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now