Talk

Advanced search

different feeding positions please

(9 Posts)
misdee Fri 29-Apr-05 17:52:11

dd3 has been screaming during feeds the last few days. last6 night i couldnt comfort her at all and she wouldnt latch on, she ended up screaming herself to sleep in my arms with deep sobs. same again this morning. fed her this afternoon but she only fed for a short time till she started screaming again. have just managed to fdeed her for 30 mins in a rugby hold position and she is now sleeping with a contented look on her face.

at night i feed her lying down. i cant always lie down during the day to feed her. what other psotions can i try/

Yorkiegirl Fri 29-Apr-05 17:53:37

Message withdrawn

misdee Fri 29-Apr-05 18:03:15

she seems a lot happier in rugby ball position as my boob wasnt pressing her nose down at all.
what do you do when out and dont have large squishey sofa to help support her?

starlover Fri 29-Apr-05 18:04:55

misdee, I cross my legs and prop ds on the upper leg.
Or make him a cushion to lie on out of his blanket/my coat/whatever is to hand!

purpleturtle Fri 29-Apr-05 18:05:46

A knew a young African mum who used to feed with the baby practically sitting up in her lap.

misdee Fri 29-Apr-05 18:07:23

my boobs are a biot saggy for that

ah well better practise holding her better and keep a tight grip when out (am worried i'll drop her)

starlover Fri 29-Apr-05 18:08:05

i'm sure you won't drop her!
i still don't b/f when out unless i absolutely HAVE to. am very awkward at it, but haev never dropped ds!

Yorkiegirl Fri 29-Apr-05 18:16:01

Message withdrawn

ravenfern Fri 29-Apr-05 21:20:28

Hi,don't know i it helps but when i first started BF my baby it was really hard to get her to latch on properly because she was 10lbs 8oz and long at birth so was a lot to hold.
I kept trying to remember what they say about nose to nipple tummy to tummy etc.but then there were legs and arms all over the place.In the end i tried feeding her while she was in her sling(i have a rebozo) and then i only had to worry about the position of her mouth because the sling supported everything else,it was alot easier and she prefered it too,it also makes feeding her in public easier too as its very discreet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now