Talk

Advanced search

breast feeding covers, advice please!

(17 Posts)
blueberrysorbet Thu 30-Apr-09 12:13:10

hi there- i plan to bf again, on demand, and this time i am in the middle east. I would like to know if anyone has used a bf cover like the bebe au lait ones. i love the look of these and how they don;t lay on the babies head.... any stockists in the uk you know of? many thanks for any help

KiwiPanda Thu 30-Apr-09 12:22:56

Blueberrysorbet - I have one which I bought from this site and I highly recommend it. I actually (bizarrely) use it sometimes at home when DD gets too distracted by exciting things like a speck of dust to feed properly wink

I've also seen them for sale in the big John Lewis department stores so they might be online with them too.

Juwesm Thu 30-Apr-09 14:22:01

American site, not sure if they ship overseas, but hooter hiders here!

Juwesm Thu 30-Apr-09 14:24:16

Oops - sorry Kiwi, just followed your link and they are the same items blush

Also saw this at JoJoMamanBebe earlier.

blueberrysorbet Thu 30-Apr-09 20:37:07

thanks ladies prices are interesting.. they are £40 out here! and much cheaper on the US sites.

think will scan ebay and see.

foxytocin Thu 30-Apr-09 20:47:14

i bf in the middle east with no hassles. i wouldn't get a bfing cover especially for that. you can always use lovely scarves instead.

foxytocin Thu 30-Apr-09 20:48:12

or a wrap sling, like I did or a ring sling.

moondog Thu 30-Apr-09 20:50:14

Don't get a breastfeeding cover.It's barking. Just a muslin will do. Never had any issues b/feeding in ME either.Koran specifically proscribes breastfeeding.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 30-Apr-09 20:58:04

Message withdrawn

foxytocin Thu 30-Apr-09 20:58:54

prescribes moondog. prescribes.

<halo>

moondog Thu 30-Apr-09 20:59:05

grin

moondog Thu 30-Apr-09 21:00:46

Aye, indeed. Sorry 'bout that. grin

Starlight.... it's..er... discreetly^.
^Discretely
mean separately.

(We're all at it.)

foxytocin Thu 30-Apr-09 21:00:50

no, you are supposed to blush <schoolmarm glasses>

moondog Thu 30-Apr-09 21:01:43

Aye.
blush
<cringe>

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 30-Apr-09 21:14:38

Message withdrawn

moondog Thu 30-Apr-09 21:21:35

grin

mummyjames Sun 05-Jul-09 15:23:10

Hi all
I use a breastfeeding cover called a Mamascarf and think it is fantastic. I don't go anywhere without it. I did try with muslins but the thing I didn't like about them is that they can be pulled off (this can't) and they block the view of your baby while you are feeding (you can see your baby with this). Also if baby comes off mid feed, youcan latch them back on in privacy (with a muslin, I found I had to take it down so I was on show anyway!!) The big bonus for me is the support it gives, as I was finding my arm would ache without my widgey cushion. The best £15.99 I ever spent!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now