Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help?

(7 Posts)
jofeb04 Fri 15-Apr-05 19:41:37

Hiya all,
Ive posted on this before, and as many of you know, i am nervous about trying to bf 2nd baby once born. I bottle fed 1st due to a number of medical reasons, concerning my ds, not me.
Do any of you know any good advice lines about this.
Thanks

Hausfrau Fri 15-Apr-05 19:49:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Punnet Fri 15-Apr-05 20:04:59

Can I offer you some reassurance? ds1 wouldn't thrive on breast milk, lost weight- went from 5 lb 5oz to 4 lb 3oz, and in the end I had to give him soya milk (WYSOY) as that was all he could have. DS2 fed to four months but I wasn't confident and panicked so gave up despite all being well.

DS3? Gave up at 15 months, fantastic experience. Just wish I hadnt been so nervy with ds2.

you CAN do it. you really can!

Flossam Fri 15-Apr-05 20:08:57

what were the medical reasons if you don't mind me asking? cause i'd have thought it unlikely that baby would suffer the same?

jofeb04 Fri 15-Apr-05 20:13:47

Hiya Hausfrau,
Yea, im near Cardiff! I've Cat you know hun.

Flossam, many people on here have offered my advice, and i want to say thx to all of them. My son was basically lazy!! He was in Special Care for many days, and was being fed through the nose, every hour on the hour, (Ie, not needing to ask for feed). tried to breastfeed, and he wasnt interested, he didnt even want the bottle for many days! Due to the labour and aftercare, it was more important that my son was at least being fed.

jofeb04 Fri 15-Apr-05 20:31:17

And thx Punnet

Flossam Fri 15-Apr-05 20:49:19

Jofeb, you obviously wish to feed so hopefully your halfway there! Baby no 2 will be a whole different person to DS and you may find they can't get enough of your milk!! Mumsnet has been a god send to me since I had DS, lots of people here know a great deal and are very willing to pass their knowledge on as you know. Look out for Tiktok if you haven't come across her yet, she's fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now