Talk

Advanced search

Returning to work - breast pump advice

(5 Posts)
BCLass Thu 05-Mar-09 19:00:24

I am returning to work in less than 6 weeks now (eeek!)

I will be able to do fairly flexible hours and a short day.

DD is 20 weeks and ebf on demand.

I am totally committed to exclusively breastfeeding, but have to go back as dh has given up work to be a sahd.

I have a Medela Swing already. They are about £90. I understand that I will need to double pump (do not want to jeopardise supply in any way).

So this may be a daft question - do I purchase a second Swing (and use both together) or blow another £200-£250 on a pump in style or the new improved PIS (freedom?).

The cost is not a massive issue if by not having one I would jeoparise my supply (iyswim).

Any one have any thoughts?

mumblecrumble Thu 05-Mar-09 20:31:54

Can you borrow on from local maternity unit? Seems harsh to buy more.....

I am very jealous as I found pumping so unproductive.... an ounce an hour was my best!

You'll be fine going back to work - worrying about it was worse than just getting back into it

CMOTDibbler Thu 05-Mar-09 20:51:10

Get an Ameda Lactaline - they are fabulous, and I pumped for a year at work using one, and there are a few other ladies here who have used them long term. On ebay there are a few currently that you will probably be able to get for under 50 quid. And it's safe to buy them second hand as all parts that come into contact with milk are fully sterilisable.

Caz10 Thu 05-Mar-09 20:53:53

I would second a Lactaline - and you can also buy spare parts from here express yourself mums

nicewarmslippers Fri 06-Mar-09 15:59:42

i went back to work at 6 months and the only milk dd had untill 14 months was mine. just used £30 one from tescos, was fine

hard work though, ohh the memories of expessing on trains, planes etc....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now