Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there an similar formula to Cow and Gate Comfort but in ready made cartons?

(7 Posts)
nobodysfool Thu 05-Mar-09 08:53:28

Ds is 9 weeks and and has a floppy larynx which causes reflux.
We tried infant Gaviscon but it made him constipated so we stopped that.
Then we tried Cow and Gate comfort and though he is still occasionally sick he isnt having the silent reflux or badly trapped wind.
The problem now is that when we go out we usually use the small cartons of ready made.Cow and Gate do not make the Comfort in cartons.AARRGGHH!!!!
Do you know of any similar alternative (any make except SMA) that comes in cartons?
Any ideas will be great.
Will be out this morning so please dont think i'm ignoring you.
Many thanks.

nobodysfool Thu 05-Mar-09 15:19:45

anybody?

Sheeta Thu 05-Mar-09 15:21:30

Hi,
We used C&G comfort and it was a pain as I never found cartons of it. angry

I think there might be a Heinz nurture one that's an easy digest? No experience of using it though, sorry.

out of interest, what teats do you use with it?

AitchTwoOh Thu 05-Mar-09 15:21:45

what kindof bottles are you using?

nobodysfool Thu 05-Mar-09 15:28:54

I'm using fast flow teats as it is SO thick and use Dr. Brown bottles.
I phoned C&G and they said they didnt make cartons of it as it was too complex to do ready made.

Sheeta Thu 05-Mar-09 19:51:58

if you can use something other than Comfort, please try it - it's an absolute pain to get them on to any other milk later on.

Also, the nappies are bloody awful.

Sorry, if you find it's the only thing that works, stick with it, but it was the only thing tha Ds wouldn't be horrible colicy with, so he had it til 7 months.

Do you pre-make bottles and take them out with you? I know the current advice is not to do this, but comfort milk just doesn't mix with cooled water (goes lumpy) so there isn't much other choice really...

nobodysfool Thu 05-Mar-09 20:08:01

Tell me about the nappies!!!!!It's green goo everywhere.
I don't pre make my bottles up i don them as i need them-i have been taking a thermos out if im feeding in the next couple of hours.
What are the other thicker formulas available in both powder and carton, does anybody know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now