Talk

Advanced search

Do you think he's just hungry?

(6 Posts)
sleepymama Thu 14-Apr-05 13:31:28

Hi there - my ds (18 weeks) has just suffered a bout of diarrhoea and is still recovering. During this time he went off his milk. The passed few days he has been very grumpy and constantly wants attention, crying even after being fed the full 8 oz. Today I tried to give him extra to see if he was hungry and he took 11 oz!!!!!! I am not sure if this is far too much for him and if I am over feeding him. He has also been waking dead on four hours during the night wanting to be fed for the past 5 days. I had put this down to illness but it seems to be continuing.
Will i be overfeeding if i continue with this amount of milk? He even fell asleep within 1 1/2 hours of waking.

mummytosteven Thu 14-Apr-05 13:54:45

i wouldn't worry about overfeeding him - he'd probably start vomitting it up if you were giving him significantly too much anyway, but let him have as much as he wants, particularly since he has recently been off his milk. he might be making up for lost feeds atm anyway. I know that sometimes my DS would take 1.5 bottles when he was this age.

sleepymama Thu 14-Apr-05 16:19:53

Thanks MTS - really put my mind at ease. Has since had another 10 oz!!! Do you think I should worry if it continues or should I just go with it.... Also does anyone do big bottles that go up to 11-12 oz? I haven't yet seen any.

Seona1973 Thu 14-Apr-05 19:23:22

avent do an 11 ounce bottle. They sell them on the kiddicare.com website but you have to buy something else from the website to be able to get them too.

Mud Thu 14-Apr-05 19:32:22

I wouldn't worry at all, feed him till he doesn't want any more its a growth spurt most probably, if he eats too much he'll just puke it up, what it says on the back of the tin is a guideline. It'll probably be a week or 2 so no use investing in a bigger bottle at the moment

Surfermum Thu 14-Apr-05 19:38:07

Dd used to do this occasionally. She would wake and be ravenous some mornings, so I would just keep making her more and more milk until she'd had enough. Sometimes 14 oz. Mind you she was never one for much milk so I was pleased to get so much into her in one go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now