Talk

Advanced search

bf but refusing.Please help

(11 Posts)

My ds is 5 month and sometimes refuses.He has been crying for last hour, refusing.
He is tired, and I know hungry.
Have no ebm left, too stressed to express now as it wont come. dh at work. dd in bed.
I know my neighbour has formula. I has quitened down for last 5 min, but is about to yell again. any ideas
???
tia

wastingmyeducation Sun 01-Feb-09 19:25:21

Could he be teething? Have you any Calpol?

Cazwa Sun 01-Feb-09 19:27:28

Are you only using expressed milk? Can you not breastfeed him?

hi thanks, was just about to give some. He has just passed bit of wind too.
feel really stupid now.Have an almost 2yr old in bed, so not like I havnt been here before.blush
It's just not heard him scream and refuse to this extent before.
Working down my checklist iykwim

Mimsy2000 Sun 01-Feb-09 19:29:41

any way of just getting him to sleep and then try and feed him then? he would be more relaxed and so would you...

no i am bf but he is just refusing.
he very occassionally has expressed in bottle. but dont get time to express much.

Mimsy2000 Sun 01-Feb-09 19:30:58

don't feel stupid - i've got a 3 month old and 2 1/2 year old and bedtime is very difficult and someone not feeding properly would send me spinning too....

TBH I have no idea how my dd has managed to get to sleep.
I had to lay him in his cot and close the door while I put her in bed, as i could feel myself bubbling. Didnt want him to pick up on it.I know he is shattered. He hasnt fed since 3 o clock. not like him. he is like clockwork usually.

Cazwa Sun 01-Feb-09 19:40:00

Im going to hazard a guess at teeth. He's at the age where both mine had this sort of problem. Try Calpol and wait half an hour if poss.

Sympathy, I remember this very clearly the noise of DS screaming hysterically and it was horrible, it will pass but is grim whilst youre in it.

Thanks so much. I have given calpol, and he is in my wrap. Still not happy but not yelling now.
Will try to settle to sleep, then feed.

wastingmyeducation Sun 01-Feb-09 20:19:27

They do get over-tired so easily. Hope he's feeling and feeding better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now