Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

advice on formula milks needed please !

(5 Posts)
Leenie Sat 31-Jan-09 22:21:51

Hi MN's my DS is now 23 weeks i have gone back to work part time so he is having two formula feeds per day.I BF in the morning and then when i return home he is back to BF , he is very happy and settled with this, i am confused with the follow on milk thing , as i exclusively BF my other children, and i dont remember there being follow on milks for 6 months onwards 16 yrs ago, anyway, I would like to know are these supposed to be used as well as the regular formula that i have been using or is it a step up that replaces it ?hmmi currently use Heinz nurture 1, they have a 2 for hungrier babies and a 3 for 6mths onwards, i did read the tin but it doesn't make it very clear and i am not what you would call a confident expert when it comes to formula blush thanks

hunkermunker Sat 31-Jan-09 22:33:33

Stick with what you're using. The rest is a load of old guff put on the market to confuse the hell out of you and make money. Infant formula isn't allowed to be advertised, follow-on is - so they do (and how!) and make you brand-aware by stealth.

Can I ask, why did you choose Heinz Nurture over the others? Was there something that made it stand out for you?

gothicmama Sat 31-Jan-09 22:34:40

listen to hunker

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Sat 31-Jan-09 22:36:12

As Hunker says stay with what your using. No need for follow on etc its just an advertising scam.

Leenie Sat 31-Jan-09 23:00:59

Hunkermunker, hi, Heinz Nurture is the same as the old farleys formula but just rebranded, i was brought up on farleys products as were my teenagers, its just something i really do trust, i tried SMA which seemed to give DS trapped wind (discomfort), , and slight constipation, he also kept bringing it back up, i also tried cow and gate which although he diddnt get any constipation he also used to bring it back up, i have had no problems whatsoever with nurture
they also do a nurture gentle for babies with sensitive tums, reflux etc, which is apparently excellent, i know peope have complained at the cost (7.99) personally i think it's worth every penny if it stays down grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now