Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

white patch on nipple - is this thrush? (sorry)

(4 Posts)
nicky111 Sun 03-Apr-05 19:12:24

my breast was sore a couple of weeks ago I think there was a blockage but it seemed to clear up. now have white bit on nipple and it is a bit sore - sore when feeding too. is this thrush? DD is feeding ok ( she's eight months) Has anyone had this? Should I go to the doctor? Appreciate any advice. thanks.

Lonelymum Sun 03-Apr-05 19:16:33

When I had thrush it was excrutiatingly painful to b/f, but you maybe have a milder form. Look for white patches in your baby's mouth - that is supposedly a sign of thrush too. If you are sore when feeding, I would have thought it was worth mentioning it to your doctor or HV.

Papillon Sun 03-Apr-05 19:17:54

I am interested in hearing the answer to this one nicky... a mate of mine has the same thing and abit of mastitis at the same time..

Hope it clears up for you soon - no need to be sorry.. thats what we are all here for to share and learn stuff

eidsvold Mon 04-Apr-05 05:35:58

WHen I had thrush with dd2 - it was excruciating BUT it was early days and I think the initial soreness I put down to latching problems until it was toe curling agony and then I saw the cottage cheesy lumps on dd's tongue. I would mention it to the HV or see your doc. Better to have it checked out to put your mind at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now