Advanced search

Itchy nipples - 4 months - any ideas?

(10 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Jan-09 13:00:02

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Jan-09 15:49:29

Message withdrawn

psychomum5 Mon 19-Jan-09 15:51:10

thrush possibly. if it is you will need stuff for your nipples that is ok with feeding, and drops for baby for her mouth as she will be suffering too.

NorktasticNinja Mon 19-Jan-09 15:54:32

I had itchy nipples between feeds early in this pregnancy, any chance?

Other than that it's probably thrush, to be treated as psycho said.

beforesunrise Mon 19-Jan-09 15:59:34

i had that, throughout pregnancy, and for months during bfeeding. in my case it was eczema, which kept getting infected and it was a nightmare. i would go to your gp asap for a steroid cream, it's ok to use when feeding, and better to tackle it now than letting it get infected as it did with me... i was on antib maybe 6 times in 4 months :-(

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Jan-09 16:25:04

Message withdrawn

psychomum5 Mon 19-Jan-09 16:29:28

thrush would be fairly obvious if you look in baby starlights mouth.......the will look as tho she has milk in her mouth even hours after a feed....the thrush shows up as white patches.

you don;t have to 'suffer' BTW with thrush.....I didn;t. just had itchy nipples that were not soothed bar when being fed, like you explained in your OP.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Jan-09 16:41:15

Message withdrawn

psychomum5 Mon 19-Jan-09 16:43:35

well......better that it is dealt with ASAP really if it is thrush.

might not be a bother now, but left may mean it going thru her system and causing belly ache (and thrush the other end too,.....that was how I eventually realised with DD1blush), or even if your nipples have teeny cracks in them it could get into YOUR system and then you could suffer.

beforesunrise Mon 19-Jan-09 16:49:38

tbh it doesnt sound like thrush to me... perhaps give it another day, but i would try and see a gp this week...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now